Blue Mountain 30k
8:30 AM Start | October 2th, 2016
Start/Finish area will be at: Peak Health and Wellness Center Located at 5000 Blue Mountain Rd. Missoula, Mt. A great portion of this race is situated in the Lolo National Forest.
Number of Participants:
Limited to 100 (by our Lolo National Forest Service Permit)
We request that if you plan to race the 30K you be prepared to finish the course in around 5hrs. This is out of respect for our volunteers on the course. There will be no hard cut offs.
Course starts at Peak Health and Wellness Center then follows Blue Mountain Rd. for half of a mile to the Blue Mountain Recreation Area trailhead. From there the course follows single track dirt trails with multiple climbs on a loop through the recreation area. The course finishes with another half mile on the Blue Mountain Rd. returning back to the finish Line at the Peak Health and Wellness Center. A more detailed course description and map can be found at the event website soon. Course surfaces are 5% paved road, 5% dirt road, and 90% single track dirt trails.
Course facts by the numbers:
- Distance: 18.6 miles
- Total elevation gain: 3,600 ft
- Total elevation loss: 3,600 ft
- Lowest point of course: 3,149 ft
- Highest point of course: 4,783 ft
Aid Stations: There will be four well-stocked aid stations on the course. All will have food, water, and a selection of Hammer Nutrition Products.
- Aid station #1: 5.75 Miles
- Aid station #2: 9.2 Miles
- Aid Station#3: 11.25 Miles
- Aid station#4: 14.5 Miles
Charity: The Blue Mtn 30K is a fundraiser for the Hellgate High Cross Country Program.
- 2010- Men’s Overall Results | Women’s Overall Results
- 2011- Overall Men’s and Women’s Results
- 2012- Men’s Overall Results | Women’s Overall Results
- 2013- Overall Men’s and Women’s Results
- 2014- Overall Men’s and Women’s Results
- 2015 – Overall Men’s and Women’s Results
Questions? Contact Race Director: Mike Foote at email@example.com
Thanks to our Sponsors for their generous support of this event!