Eleven Miles to Paradise Trail Run
Sunday, May 18th, 2014
Registration for the 2014 Race is officially full!
There will be no wait list.
Course Description: The course begins as an old two track forest service road for one mile before narrowing down into single-track for the remainder of the course. The trail weaves and rolls through the forest next to the Clark Fork river while contouring along small drainages and hillsides. Although the race does follow down river, and therefore will have a net elevation loss, there are some short climbs along the way! The race ends at the Ferry Landing Fishing access site along State Route 135 only a few miles from Quinn’s Hot Springs. Take advantage of the COLD waters of the Clark Fork to ice the legs before heading on the shuttle back to Quinn’s.
Course Map: Click Here
New this year! Chip timing and the option to pay for your lunch and hot springs soak, or just pay the base race fee.
We will have packet pick up downstairs in the Runner’s Edge from 10 AM-5 PM on Saturday May 17th.
Base Race Fee :
- $45 from 2/15-4/25
- $55 from 4/26-5/16
- $65 Race day Registration if we have not reached our cap of 450 runners.
The base race fee covers:
- T-Shirt: A stylish 2014 11 Miles to Paradise Run T-shirt
- Shuttle: A shuttle to the race start from Quinn’s Hot Springs and a shuttle from the race finish back to Quinn’s Hot Springs.
- Hammer Goodies: Hammer Nutrition Products for fueling at our Halfway Aid Station
- Chip Timing (New this year) : Our event will be timed by competitive timing this year.
- Post race massage: The great team at Sapphire Physical Therapy will be providing two treatment tables for post-race massage and \injury prevention consultation for all who are interested.
- Lunch ($7): A race day only discounted lunch provided by Quinn’s in support of the race. You will have your choice of cheese burger, pulled pork sandwich, curried chicken sandwich or a pre-made vegetarian wrap with your choice of a side and one drink (ice-tea, lemonade, or water) If you, or your friends and family want a lunch on race day without ordering here it will be at the price of $10.
- Hot Springs Soak ($5): Capped at 300 tickets. This allows you a 3 hour window to soak in Quinn’s wonderful Natural Hot Springs pools. Quinn’s has 6 pools for soaking and swimming. Their 4 soaking pools range in temperature from 60 to 106 degrees Farenheit.
We will have 3 wave starts separated by 5 minute offsets for the 2014 edition of the race. This will minimize resource damage, congestion on the trail and make for a better experience for all.You will have the option to choose ‘Wave 1′, ‘Wave 2′ or ‘Wave 3′ while registering online. Suggested waves based on predicted finishing times. Feel free to reference past results to see where you stack up:
- Wave 1: Estimated time of 1hr. 40 min. or under
- Wave 2: Estimated time of 1hr. 40. min to 2 hrs.
- Wave 3: Estimated time of more than 2hrs.
- 7:15-8:00 Packet Pick Up & Check-In at Quinn’s Hot Springs.
- 8:15 Runners load busses; shuttled to race start. All participants must go to Quinn’s in order to be shuttled to the start line. The road to the race start is narrow and there is not much room for traffic. The Forest Service has been clear they do not want people driving to and parking at the start line. Since they are the organization generous enough to allow us to put this event on their land, we plan to honor their request. Thank you!
- 9:00 Race Start
- 10-12:00 Runners are shuttled every 20 minutes back to Quinn’s from the Finish Line
- 11:15-12:15 Runners arrive back at Quinn’s and have lunch
- 11:00-2:00 Runners Soaking Hours at Quinn’s Hot Springs
- 12:45 Awards Ceremony with unique awards made by a local artist and wood maker Merrill Bradshaw (Overall Winner for Men & Women both receive a free night’s stay at Quinn’s Hot Springs or Jackson Hot Springs – good for one year. There will be age group winners as well, based on ten year increments)
Testimonials from the event:
“I wanted to thank you for all your work in making 11 Miles to Paradise such an enjoyable event. What a great place for the after race festivities too! This is definitely one we will put on next year’s calendar.” ~Carolyn Mirich
“From registration, to the finish line, to the soak at Quinn’s, it was spectacular!” ~Daniel Carney
“I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed the 11 Miles to Paradise Run. The course was great, the BBQ and hotsprings were a perfect ending to the day, and the schwag was just right…you guys did a great job and started a wonderful tradition that should continue to raise money for the Hellgate Cross Country team. Nice work.” ~Tyson Radley O’Connell
Contact: Email Race Director Mike Foote at Mike@RunnersEdgeMT.com, with questions or comments!
Quinn’s Hot Springs Resort:
We are excited to have such a great race venue as Quinn’s Hot Springs Resort. Please visit their website at www.quinnshotsprings.com to learn more about what they have to offer!
Quinn’s Hot Springs Resort . 190 Hwy 135 . Paradise, MT . 59856
Lost? Need directions to Quinn’s? From Missoula:
- Take 1-90 West
- Take Exit 96 to merge onto MT-200 W/US-93 N (27.3 Miles)
- Turn left at MT-200 W (30.7 Miles)
- Turn left at MT-135 E/State Route 135 E (2 Miles)
- Quinn’s Hot Springs will be on the left!
Thanks to our sponsors for supporting this great event!
Sapphire Physical Therapy is a physical therapist-owned and operated PT clinic specializing in running injury treatment and prevention. They offer progressive PT treatments which are based on science and proven on the trails. To say Sapphire PT supports trail running events and the Montana running community is an understatement. Owner and clinician, John Fiore is a serious endurance athlete and gets what it takes to lead an active and injury free lifestyle. If you need the tools to stay healthy, rebound from injury or prevent further injuries, Sapphire PT in Missoula is the place to go!
Sanders County Search and Rescue
This race is held on Lolo National Forest Lands and is permitted through the Superior Ranger District.