Eleven Miles to Paradise Trail Run
Online Registration for our 2014 Event will open on 2/15/14!
Course Description: The course begins as an old two track forest service road for one mile before narrowing down into single-track for the remainder of the course. The trail weaves and rolls through the forest next to the Clark Fork river while contouring along small drainages and hillsides. Although the race does follow down river, and therefore will have a net elevation loss, there are some short climbs along the way! The race ends at the Ferry Landing Fishing access site along State Route 135 only a few miles from Quinn’s Hot Springs. Take advantage of the COLD waters of the Clark Fork to ice the legs before heading on the shuttle back to Quinn’s.
Each Race Participant Gets:
- T-Shirt:A Technical 2013 11 Miles to Paradise Run T-shirt
- Shuttle: A shuttle to the race start from Quinn’s Hot Springs and a shuttle from the race finish back to Quinn’s Hot Springs.
- Hammer Goodies: Hammer Nutrition Products for fueling at our Halfway Aid Station
- Free Lunch: A free lunch provided by Quinn’s with your choice of cheese burger, pulled pork sandwich, curried chicken sandwich, and either a vegetarian burger, or a pre-made vegetarian wrap, or sandwich, with your choice of one drink (ice-tea, lemonade, or water)
- Massage: Sapphire PT (our generous sponsor) will be providing two treatment tables for post-race massage and injury/injury prevention consultation for all who are interested.
- Hot Springs Soak: A 3 hour window to soak in Quinn’s wonderful Natural Hot Springs pools. Quinn’s has 6 pools for soaking and swimming. Their 4 soaking pools range in temperature from 60 to 106 degrees Farenheit.
This run is a benefit for the Hellgate Cross Country team in Missoula.
- $50 (From 2/10-4/30)
- $60 (From 5/1-5/17)
New in 2013! Wave Starts:
With the growth of our event and the feedback we have received from past years race participants we have decided to incorporate 2 wave starts separated by 5 Minutes. This will minimize congestion on the trail and make for a better experience for all.
You will have the option to choose ‘Wave 1′ or ‘Wave 2′ while registering online. If you are competitive and looking to race towards the front, or are even competitive in your age group, we recommend you choose ‘Wave 1′. Also, please look at the results below. Over the last 2 years about 50-55% of race participants finished before 1 hr. and 55 min. If you think you will be finishing in over 2 hours, we suggest you sign up for ‘Wave 2′ We encourage you to look at the 2011 and 2012 Results to see for yourself. Thanks!
- 7:15-8:15 Race Day Registration (if we have not reached 350) & Check-In at Quinn’s Hot Springs
- 8:15 Runners load busses; shuttled to race start. All participants must go to Quinn’s in order to be shuttled to the start line. The road to the race start is narrow and there is not much room for traffic. The Forest Service has been clear they do not want people driving to and parking at the start line. Since they are the organization generous enough to allow us to put this event on their land, we plan to honor their request. Thank you!
- 9:00 Race Start
- 10-12:00 Runners are shuttled every 20 minutes back to Quinn’s from the Finish Line
- 11:15-12:15 Runners arrive back at Quinn’s and have lunch
- 11:00-2:00 Runners Soaking Hours at Quinn’s Hot Springs
- 12:30 Awards Ceremony (Overall Winner for Men & Women both receive a free night’s stay at Quinn’s Hot Springs or Jackson Hot Springs – good for one year. There will be age group winners as well, based on ten year increments)
- The Runner’s Edge always has a photographer on course taking pictures of al the race participants at out events. We have a new media gallery on our website where you can find your photos from our races and buy them! We will always have these photos on our Facebook page as well for you to enjoy and share:) .
Testimonials from the event:
“I wanted to thank you for all your work in making 11 Miles to Paradise such an enjoyable event. What a great place for the after race festivities too! This is definitely one we will put on next year’s calendar.” ~Carolyn Mirich
“From registration, to the finish line, to the soak at Quinn’s, it was spectacular!” ~Daniel Carney
“I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed the 11 Miles to Paradise Run. The course was great, the BBQ and hotsprings were a perfect ending to the day, and the schwag was just right…you guys did a great job and started a wonderful tradition that should continue to raise money for the Hellgate Cross Country team. Nice work.” ~Tyson Radley O’Connell
Contact: Email Race Director Mike Foote at Mike@RunnersEdgeMT.com, with questions or comments!
Quinn’s Hot Springs Resort:
We are excited to have such a great race venue as Quinn’s Hot Springs Resort. Please visit their website at www.quinnshotsprings.com to learn more about what they have to offer!
Quinn’s Hot Springs Resort . 190 Hwy 135 . Paradise, MT . 59856
Lost? Need directions to Quinn’s? From Missoula:
- Take 1-90 West
- Take Exit 96 to merge onto MT-200 W/US-93 N (27.3 Miles)
- Turn left at MT-200 W (30.7 Miles)
- Turn left at MT-135 E/State Route 135 E (2 Miles)
- Quinn’s Hot Springs will be on the left!
Thanks to our sponsors for supporting this great event!
Sanders County Search and Rescue
This race is held on Lolo National Forest Lands and is permitted through the Superior Ranger District.