NEW FOR 2018!
We will offer a kids fun run to the “M” for ages 5-12. This will start 20 minutes before the Sentinel Hill Climb. Kids will run with volunteers from the Big Dipper Running Team (who also put on the Little Dipper Trail Runs for kids). At the “M” we will give kids cowbells to cheer on racers in the Sentinel Hill Climb. We do ask that kids remain at the “M” until the last Sentinel Hill Climber comes through to avoid trail conflict. They are then welcome to head back down the trail and enjoy a bowl of Big Dipper Ice Cream!
- Early Registration: $20 (5/8 – 7/2)
- Late Registration: $25 (7/3 – 7/21)
- Race Day Registration: $30 (7/22)
- Kids Fun Run to the “M”: $5
What everyone gets:
- A great race on Missoula’s most iconic peak!
- Chip timing
- 2018 edition Sentinel Hill Climb Mug (to be filled with Big Dipper Ice Cream!)
- Goodies to snack on at the finish!
You can pick up your race bib on Friday, July 20th at the Runner’s Edge from 4-6pm. Packet pickup will also be available on race day from 7:00-7:45.
Race Day Schedule:
- 7:00-7:45am – Race day registration and Packet Pick Up
- 7:40 – Kid’s Fun Run to the “M”
- 8:00am – Sentinel Hill Climb start
- 9:30am’ish – Awards ceremony back in the ‘M’ trail parking lot following the race
“M” Trail Parking Lot (University of Montana)
Sentinel Hill Climb: 1.6 miles. 1970 Feet of Elevation Gain.
Kid’s Fun Run: 0.7 miles. Appx 750 Feet of Elevation Gain.
This beautiful course goes up up up from the start at the ‘M’ trail parking lot and finishes on the proud summit of Mount Sentinel. The first 1/3 of the climb follows the ‘M’ trail while the remainder follows the Northwest ridge trail to the summit.
- $100 cold hard cash to King and Queen of the Hill Climb!
- $50 cash incentive to first male and female to reach the “M” on their way to the top of Sentinel!
- Also awards for top 3 overall and age group winners.
This event is limited to 250 Participants
Friends of the “M” Trail:
The Sentinel Hill Climb is conducted solely on U of M land. If you would like to support UM’s efforts to work with the broader Missoula community in providing stewardship and maintenance of Mt Sentinel’s much-loved and much-used trails, please consider making a donation in any amount to the Friends of the M Trail. Your donation is entirely tax deductible.
Learn more about The Friends of the M Trail and opportunities to help HERE.