- 10:00am -2:00pm Packet Pickup at Runner’s Edge
- 4:00pm Packet Pickup and Camping at the Start/Finish Line
Sunday (Race Day):
- 5:00am The Hootenanny 100k Starts
- 8:00pm Must Have Started Last Lap
- 12:00am Finish Line Closes
Map to Start
This event is located on a private trail network just west of Lolo, MT. Here is a map showing the parking area and start/finish line of the race.
Directions to start line from Missoula:
- Head south on HWY 93.
- At first stop light in Lolo, take a right onto Ridgeway Drive.
- Quickly take your first right onto Coulter Pine St.
- Follow along Coulter Pine for six tenths of a mile, then turn right onto Bristle Cone Pine.
- You will head through a gate and into a field where parking and the start/finish line and camping area of the race is located.
- A great end of the year ultra trail race
- New Balance Tee
- Free Camping
- Chip Timing
- Incredible Aid Stations
- Access to a Private Trail System
- Post Race BBQ
- Custom Hootenanny Finishers Hat
- Finishers Medal
- Big Sky Brewing Beer
Thank you to our sponsors for helping making the race atmosphere and swag available. Thanks New Balance, Ultimate Direction, Sapphire Physical Therapy, and Big Sky Brewery!
Due to the figure-8 shape of the course you will hit the main aid station 10 times! This means you can get away with carrying less than in a typical 100k. There will also be an aid station at the start/finish area, which you will pass through four times during the race. Crewing is also permitted in the start/finish area. To save waste this is a cupless race! Ultimate Direction hydration packs and handhelds are available at Runner’s Edge. Please plan accordingly.
There are only two aid stations on the course, but runners hit them 14 times! The big aid station will be at the junction midway out on the loop. Runners cross through here twice per loop. To keep the energy high out on the course Brian Wieck of BQuick Running is focusing all of his race director skills on this single aid station! The other aid station will be at the start/finish area. This will also serve as base camp for the race.
Aid station fare will include the following, plus some bonus options that will be rotated through as the day progresses:
- Skratch Exercise Drink Mix
- Skratch Chews
- Hammer Gels
- Gummy Bears
- Trail Mix
- Broth (if the temperature is below 50 degrees)
Every finisher will receive a custom Hootenanny finishers award. Awards will be given to the top three in each age group, 1-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+. The top three men and top three women will each win their weight in beer from Big Sky Brewing!
- Fun fact #1: We are limited in our parking space for this event, please one vehicle per runner.
- Fun fact #2: Car pooling is cool. Do it!
Early Bird | 1.16.18 – 5.31.18: $120
Late Registration | 6.1.18 – 9.30.18: $135
Race Week Registration | 10.1.18-10.7.18: $150
*No Refunds or Transfers.
The race is limited to 300 runners