Why Winter Training is a Good Thing for Your Trail Running

We are excited to introduce a new section to our newsletter called “Trail Talk” with our very own Mike Foote.  Mike is an avid trail runner and ultramarathoner, as well as a member of the Run Wild Missoula Trails Committee. Each month,…

Free Running Journal from Saucony

If you didn't make the Rattlesnake Resolution Run for its innagural kick-off this year on January 1st,you probably didn't get a Runners Edge running journal. Thanks to Saucony, we were able to give all 275 particiapnts a free 52-week journal…

Runner of the Month: January 2012

Name: Tommi Burton Age: 59 Hometown: Missoula, MT Years I’ve Run: 32 Miles Per Week: It’s been a long time since I’ve kept track of mileage per week.  In the spring/summer/fall, I do long mountain runs so I accumulate…

Runner of the Month: December 2011

Name:  Pam Gardiner  Age:   65 Number of Years Running: 12 Hometown: Missoula Favorite Run:  Main Rattlesnake Trail Words of Wisdom: When at first you don't succeed, re-define success. Favorite Quote: "The miracle…

Runner of the Month: November 2011

Name: Chris Kollar Age: 26 Hometown: Strongsville, OH Number of Years Running: 14 years Did You Run in College? Yes, I ran cross country and track for the North Carolina State Wolfpack and Coach Rollie Geiger. How Many Miles…

Light the Way 5k

Come join The Runners Edge for our 2nd Annual Holiday Race in Greenough Park! Click here to register! This evening race features festive luminaries around the course, holiday music, Christmas lights, and a bonfire at the finish area. Each…