COVID Guidelines for 11 Miles to Paradise
To participate in the 11 Miles to Paradise, you must read and follow the below guidelines and protocols we have set in place. These protocols have been established to keep our runners, staff, volunteers, partners, and community safe, by preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Before the event:
- If you have COVID related symptoms please stay home. Symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- We recommend high-risk individuals and individuals traveling from high infection areas to consider not attending our event.
- If you are feeling unwell prior to the event, please notify us and we will transfer your registration fee to the 2021 11 Miles to Paradise.
Packet Pick Up:
- Option #1: Pick up your bib and T-shirt at The Runner’s Edge between 10 AM-4 PM on Saturday, 10/17.
- Option #2: Race day packet pick up. You must pick up your packet at the starting area within 30 minutes of your start time, no earlier, please. Runners can pick up their bibs and shirt when they arrive at the event. Once you park you may grab your bib and shirt, use the restroom, etc. We ask that you refrain from gathering in large groups before your race begins.
After the race, we will have buses shuttling participants back to their vehicles near the start line.
The bus will be loaded one person per seat (unless they live together) and participants will be required to wear a mask. Hand sanitizer will be supplied when entering and exiting the bus.
There will be no bus shuttle from Missoula to 11 Miles to Paradise this year. We will issue refunds for participants who paid for the shuttle. Thank you for understanding.
You will have a 20-minute window to start your event. The rolling start will help from congregating at the start line and will keep us from overcrowding the trails and aid stations. We have chip timing so when you cross the start mat your race will officially begin, and it will end when you cross the finish mat.
- Passing – When passing another racer, please announce your presence and intent to pass. It is the responsibility of the runner being passed to step to the side to allow space for the overcoming racer to advance.
- Headphones – If you’re planning on wearing headphones, we ask that you have only one earbud in kept at a low volume. This is to make sure that racers can effectively communicate with one another during passing.
- We will have one aid station along the course at mile 5.5.
- Aid station personnel will wear masks and gloves at all times.
- Runners must wear their masks while at the aid station. We will have hand sanitizer available for use.
- We will have water & electrolyte drinks in disposable cups at the aid stations. Per statewide mandate, we will not be a cupless event this year.
- Aid station personnel will not touch you, your trash, your water bottle, or your pack.
- We will have individual gels and other pre-packaged snacks spread out on tables in the aid station. Runners can touch and take only the gels they plan to use.
- We will be providing results for our runners in partnership with Competitive timing, however, at this time, runners will not have the option of getting a printout of their results at the results kiosk. Results will be available online.
- Water and post race grab & go snacks will be available at the finish line.
- There will be no post-race massages offered this year.
- Once you have finished your event, we ask that you do not linger at the finish line. After grabbing your snack and water, please take the next bus back to your vehicle.
- There will be no awards ceremony or post-race gathering at Quinn’s Hot Springs. Awards will be shipped or available at The Runners Edge for overall and age group winners the week following the event.
- We are not allowing spectators at the finish area this year. Parking will be extremely limited and upon finishing the race, runners will be loaded onto busses back to the start.