COVID Guidelines for the Bitterroot Runoff
To participate in the Bitterroot Runoff you must read and follow the below guidelines and protocols we have set in place. These protocols have been established to keep our runners, staff, volunteers, partners, and community safe, by preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Before the event:
- If you have COVID related symptoms please stay home. Symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- We recommend high-risk individuals and individuals traveling from high infection areas to consider not attending our event.
- If you are feeling unwell prior to the event, please notify us and we will transfer your registration fee to the 2021 Bitterroot Runoff.
Packet Pick Up:
- Option #1: Pick up your bib and T-shirt at The Runner’s Edge between 10 AM-4 PM on Saturday, 10/3.
- Option #2: Race day packet pick up. You must pick up your packet in the start/finish area within 30 minutes of your start time. Runners can arrive 30 minutes prior to their start time. No earlier, please. Runners can pick up their bibs and shirt when they arrive at the event. Once you park you may grab your bib and shirt, use the restroom, etc. We ask that you refrain from gathering in large groups before your race begins.
We will have 50 person wave starts with 15-minute time window. The event will be chip timed, meaning you may start whenever you’d like during your allotted 15-minute window.
If you would like to be eligible for overall awards, you need to start in the first wave. You do NOT need to start in wave 1 to be eligible for age group awards.
- Passing – When passing another racer, please announce your presence and intent to pass. It is the responsibility of the runner being passed to step to the side to allow space for the overcoming racer to advance.
- We will have one aid station along the course that you will pass once in the 5-mile and twice in the 10-mile.
- Aid station personnel will wear masks and gloves at all times.
- Runners who do not need assistance at the aid station can pass through without wearing a mask or sanitizing their hands.
- Runners who wish to receive food or liquids from the aid station must wear their masks before entering the aid station. We will have hand sanitizer available for use.
- We will have water & electrolyte drinks in disposable cups at the aid stations. Per Missoula Health Department requirements, we will not be a cupless event this year.
- Aid station personnel will not touch you, your trash, your water bottle, or your pack.
- We will have individual gels and other pre-packaged snacks spread out on tables in the aid station. Runners can touch and take only the gels they plan to use.
- We will be providing results for our runners in partnership with Competitive timing, however, at this time, runners will not have the option of getting a printout of their results at the results kiosk. Results will be available online.
- Water and grab-n-go snacks will be available at the finish line.
- We ask that you, your friends and family maintain proper social distancing from others after finishing your race. If you cannot do so, you must wear a mask.
- There will be no post-race massages offered this year.
- Once you have finished your event, we ask that you do not linger at the finish line.
- There will be no awards ceremony. Awards will be shipped or available at The Runner’s Edge for overall and age group winners the week following the event.
- We ask that all spectators maintain proper social distancing from themselves and the runners during the event. If you cannot do so, you must wear a mask.