- 12:00pm -2:00pm Packet Pickup at Runner’s Edge
- 4:00pm-6:oopm Packet Pickup and Camping at the Start/Finish Line
- 6:00pm Pre-Race Briefing
Sunday (Race Day):
- 5:00am The Hootenanny 100k and Relay Starts
- 8:00pm Must Have Started Last Lap
- 12:00am Finish Line Closes
Map to Start
This event is located on a private trail network just west of Lolo, MT. Here is a map showing the parking area and start/finish line of the race.
Directions to start line from Missoula:
- Head south on HWY 93.
- At first stop light in Lolo, take a right onto Ridgeway Drive.
- Quickly take your first right onto Coulter Pine St.
- Follow along Coulter Pine for six tenths of a mile, then turn right onto Bristle Cone Pine.
- You will head through a gate and into a field where parking and the start/finish line and camping area of the race is located.
- A great end of the year ultra trail race
- New Balance Tee
- Free Camping
- Chip Timing
- Incredible Aid Stations
- Access to a Private Trail System
- Post Race BBQ
- Custom Hootenanny Finishers Hat for the 100k
- Finishers Award for 100k and Relay Runners
- Big Sky Brewing Beer
Thank you to our sponsors for helping making the race atmosphere and swag available. Thanks New Balance, Ultimate Direction, Sapphire Physical Therapy, ZillaState, and Big Sky Brewery!
Due to the figure-8 shape of the course you will hit the main aid station 10 times! This means you can get away with carrying less than in a typical 100k. There will also be an aid station at the start/finish area, which you will pass through four times during the race. Crewing is also permitted in the start/finish area. To save waste this is a cupless race! Ultimate Direction hydration packs and handhelds are available at Runner’s Edge. Please plan accordingly.
There are only two aid stations on the course, but 100k runners hit them 14 times! The big aid station will be at the junction midway out on the loop. Runners cross through here twice per loop. To keep the energy high out on the course Brian Wieck of BQuick Running is focusing all of his race director skills on this single aid station! The other aid station will be at the start/finish area. This will also serve as base camp for the race.
Aid station fare will include the following, plus some bonus options that will be rotated through as the day progresses:
- Hammer FIZZ
- Hammer HEED
- Hammer Gels
- Gummy Bears
- Trail Mix
- Broth (if the temperature is below 50 degrees)
Pacers are permitted for laps 5 and 6. Pacers must stay with the runner they are pacing and be registered as a pacer. One pacer per racer per lap please!
For 2019 we will be offering 3 and 6 person relay options. Grab your friends and start training! Each runner on your team is required to run once (twice for 3 person teams). Runners can run in any order on the team they like as long they complete the required number of laps.
Every 100k finisher will receive a custom Hootenanny finishers award. The top male and female in the 100k will each win their weight in beer from Big Sky Brewing! Relay awards will be presented to the top male team, top female team, and top mixed team (at least 1 female on 3 person teams, and 3 women on a 6 person team).
- Fun fact #1: We are limited in our parking space for this event, please one vehicle per runner.
- Fun fact #2: Car pooling is cool. Do it!
Early Bird | 1.15.19 – 5.31.19: $120
Late Registration | 6.1.19 – 9.30.19: $135
Race Week Registration | 10.1.19-10.6.19: $150
3 Person Relay-
Early Bird | 1.15.19 – 5.31.19: $100 per person
Late Registration | 6.1.19 – 9.30.19: $115 per person
Race Week Registration | 10.1.19-10.6.19: $130 per person
6 Person Relay-
Early Bird | 1.15.19 – 5.31.19: $85
Late Registration | 6.1.19 – 9.30.19: $100
Race Week Registration | 10.1.19-10.6.19: $115
*No Refunds or Transfers.
The race is limited to 300 runners