Early Bird: 1.15.19-5.31.19
- 100k – $120
- 3 Person Relay – $85 per person
- 6 Person Relay – $65 per person
Late Registration: 6.1.19-9.30.19
- 100k – $135
- 3 Person Relay – $100 per person
- 6 Person Relay – $80 per person
Race Week Registration: 10.1.19-10.6.19
- 100k – $150
- 3 Person Relay – $115 per person
- 6 Person Relay – $95 per person
*No Refunds or Transfers.
The race is limited to 300 runners/teams
- 12:00pm-2:00pm Packet Pickup at Runner’s Edge
- 4:00pm-6:00pm Packet Pickup and Camping at the Start/Finish Line
- 6:00pm Pre-Race Briefing
Sunday (Race Day):
- 5:00am The Hootenanny 100k and Relay Starts
- 8:00pm Must Have Started Last Lap
- 12:00am Finish Line Closes
- A great end of the year ultra trail race
- New Balance Tee
- Free Camping
- Chip Timing
- Incredible Aid Stations
- Access to a Private Trail System
- Post Race BBQ
- Finishers Award for 100k and Relay Runners (sent in the mail)
- Big Sky Brewing Beer
- All-day access to yard games in the base area (better for relays!)
Thank you to our sponsors for helping making the race atmosphere and swag available. Thanks New Balance, Sapphire Physical Therapy, ZillaState, and Big Sky Brewery!
The Hootenanny 100k is six laps of a 10.5 mile course on a private trail system just outside Lolo, Montana. The trail is very runnable and full of banked turns and winding climbs that make running fun!
There are two major aid stations on the course. One in the start finish area where drop bags and crews await, and the other at the center of the figure-8 loop. Runners pass through the upper aid station twice on each loop meaning there is plenty of aid station access. Counting the start/finish line aid station there are opportunities for aid every 10.5 miles.
Aid station fare:
- Hammer FIZZ
- Hammer HEED
- Hammer Gels
- Gummy Bears
- Trail Mix
- Broth (if the temperature is below 50 degrees)
- Other solid food rotated throughout the day
The Hootenanny 100k and Relay is an entirely cupless event! Please plan on bringing a bottle or cup for use at aid stations, and a back up mug or bottle for base area liquids (coffee, cocoa, broth, water, etc.). Runner’s Edge Events used over 20,000 cups in 2018. We are committed to reduce waste in 2019. Thank you for your understanding.
Pacers are permitted for 100k runners on the last two laps. Pacers do not need to register, but we do ask that they check in at the start line before heading out on course. One pacer per lap please!
Map to Start
This event is located on a private trail network just west of Lolo, MT. Here is a map showing the parking area and start/finish line of the race.
Directions to start line from Missoula:
- Head south on HWY 93.
- At first stop light in Lolo, take a right onto Ridgeway Drive.
- Quickly take your first right onto Coulter Pine St.
- Follow along Coulter Pine for six tenths of a mile, then turn right onto Bristle Cone Pine.
- You will head through a gate and into a field where parking and the start/finish line and camping area of the race is located.
For 2019 we will be offering 3 and 6 person relay options. Grab your friends and start training! Each runner on your team is required to run once (twice for 3 person teams). Runners can run in any order on the team they like as long they complete the required number of laps.
Every 100k finisher will receive a custom Hootenanny finishers award. The top male and female in the 100k will each win their weight in beer from Big Sky Brewing! Relay awards will be presented to the top male team, top female team, and top mixed team (at least 1 female on 3 person teams, and 3 women on a 6 person team).
- Fun fact #1: We are limited in our parking space for this event, please one vehicle per runner.
- Fun fact #2: Car pooling is cool. Do it!