3.5.20 – 5.31.20
6.1.20 – 9.30.20
10.1.20 – 10.4.20
The race is limited to 100 runners
- 12:00pm-2:00pm: Packet Pickup at Runner’s Edge
- 4:00pm-6:00pm: Packet Pickup and Camping at the Start/Finish Line
- 7:00am: Hootenanny 50k
- 9:00am: Bitterroot Runoff 5-Mile Start
- 9:30am: Bitterroot Runoff 10-Mile Wave 1 Start
- 9:35am: Bitterroot Runoff 10-Mile Wave 2 Start
- 6:00pm: Race Cutoff
We hope to see you at the start line, but we understand things happen.
- Currently registered participants have until August 23rd to receive a 75% refund (minus processing fees) OR to defer into the 2021 event.
- After August 25th, we will be offering a 75% refund OR a deferral into the 2021 race IF we have to cancel due to COVID. There will be no refunds or deferrals under any other circumstances.
How to Process a Refund
- Sign In to RunSignUp
- Go to “Profile”
- Click “My Registered Races”
- Click “Manage” next to the registration to manage your refund.
- A great end of the season ultra-distance trail race
- New Balance Tee Shirt
- Free Camping
- Chip Timing
- Incredible Aid Stations
- Access to a Private Trail System
- Post Race BBQ
- Big Sky Brewing Beer
- All-day access to yard games at the base area
Runners will have access to aid 3 times per loop.
Because of the figure-8 shape of the course, participants will hit the upper aid station two times – once at mile marker 2, and again at mile 6.5 of each lap.
At the start finish area, there will be freshly cooked food, drinks, and runners will also be able to reach their drop bags.
See the course map below for more detail.
Aid stations will provide:
- Electrolyte drink
- Energy Gels
Runner’s Edge Events are cupless races. For more information, click here.
This event is located on a private trail network just west of Lolo, MT. Click here for a map of the parking area and start/finish line of the race.
Directions to start line from Missoula:
- Head south on HWY 93.
- At first stop light in Lolo, take a right onto Ridgeway Drive.
- Quickly take your first right onto Coulter Pine St.
- Follow along Coulter Pine for six tenths of a mile, then turn right onto Bristle Cone Pine.
- You will head through a gate and into a field where parking and the start/finish line and camping area of the race is located.
Parking is limited at The Hootenanny, please carpool if you can!
Every 50k finisher will receive a custom Hootenanny finishers award. The top male and female in the 50k will each win their weight in beer from Big Sky Brewing!
50k | 3 laps | 2025 feet of elevation gain per lap
Please note that the 50k completes three laps of the 10 mile course. The vertical profile above depicts the elevation change over one lap only.
Note that during previous years the Hootenanny was a 100k & 100k relay.