- 50k – $90
- 50k Relay – $65 per person
- 25k Relay – $60 per person
- 50k – $100
- 50k Relay – $75 per person
- 25k Relay – $70 per person
- 50k – $115
- 50k Relay – $90 per person
- 25k Relay – $85 per person
*No Refunds or Transfers.
The race is limited to 300 runners/teams
- 12:00pm-2:00pm: Packet Pickup at Runner’s Edge
- 4:00pm-6:00pm: Packet Pickup and Camping at the Start/Finish Line
- 6:00pm: Pre-Race Briefing
- 7:00am: Hootenanny 50k and 50k Relay Starts
- 10:00am: Hootenanny 25k Relay Start
- 6:00pm: Race Cutoff
New for 2020! The Hootenanny will be offering a 50k relay and 25k relay. Relay teams will be made up of three individuals, who will each run 1 lap of the course. Racers in the 50k relay will each run one 10 mile loop, and racers in the 25k relay will each run one 5 mile loop. Grab your friends and start training!
- A great end of the season ultra-distance trail race and relay
- New Balance Tee Shirt
- Free Camping
- Chip Timing
- Incredible Aid Stations
- Access to a Private Trail System
- Post Race BBQ
- Big Sky Brewing Beer
- All-day access to yard games at the base area (better for relays!)
There are two major aid stations on the course. One in the start finish area where drop bags and crews await, and the other approximately 2 miles into the course.
Runners in the 50k and 50k relay pass through the upper aid station two times – once at mile marker 2 and again at mile 6.5 of each lap.
Runners in the 25k relay will pass through the upper aid station one time at mile marker 2.
See the course map below for more detail.
Aid stations will provide:
- Electrolyte drink
- Energy Gels
Runner’s Edge Events are cupless races. For more information, click here.
50k and 50k Relay Course | 3 laps | 2025 feet of elevation gain per lap
Please note that the 50k & 50k Relay complete three laps of the 10 mile course. The vertical profile above depicts the elevation change over one lap only.
25k Relay Course | 3 laps | 1047 feet of elevation gain per lap
Please note that the 25k Relay completes three laps of the 5 mile course. The vertical profile above depicts the elevation change over one lap only.
This event is located on a private trail network just west of Lolo, MT. Click here for a map of the parking area and start/finish line of the race.
Directions to start line from Missoula:
- Head south on HWY 93.
- At first stop light in Lolo, take a right onto Ridgeway Drive.
- Quickly take your first right onto Coulter Pine St.
- Follow along Coulter Pine for six tenths of a mile, then turn right onto Bristle Cone Pine.
- You will head through a gate and into a field where parking and the start/finish line and camping area of the race is located.
Parking is limited at The Hootenanny, please carpool if you can!
Every 50k finisher will receive a custom Hootenanny finishers award. The top male and female in the 50k will each win their weight in beer from Big Sky Brewing! Relay awards will be presented to the top male team, top female team, and top coed team (at least 1 female on 3 person teams).