10.24.23 – 11.30.23
12.1.23 – 12.16.23 (Race Day)
*No refunds or deferrals. If you would like to transfer your bib you may do so before December 1st. See the refund policy below. Please be aware that you are signing up for a winter 5k that is outside and in the dark.
Light the Way 5k is limited to 350 participants
There are no refunds or deferrals. If you would like to transfer your bib you may do so before December 1st.
How to Initiate a Bib Transfer
- Sign In to RunSignUp
- Go to “Profile”
- Click “My Registered Races”
- Click “Manage”
- Click “Transfer to Another Runner”
- From this page, you must enter the first name, last name, and email address of the person who will receive the bib transfer. You can choose to either give them the transfer as a gift or transfer the registration for a refund.
Visit this webpage for more detail instructions on bib transfer.
Kid’s Fun Run:
The free 1/2 mile Kid’s Fun Run will take place at 5:30pm, 30 minutes before the start of the 5k. Registration is required to participate in the Kid’s Run, although there is no cost associated.
Saturday, 12.16.23 (Race Day):
- 10:00AM – 2:00PM: Race Day Packet Pick Up in the Runner’s Edge Basement
- 4:45PM – 5:45PM: Packet Pickup and Registration at Fort Missoula Regional Park
- 5:30PM: 1/2 Mile Kid’s Race (Free)
- 6:00PM: Light the Way 5k Start. We will hold the Ugly Sweater Contest on the start line immediately prior to starting the race.
- 6:15PM – 7:30PM: Cookies and Cocoa
- 6:30PM: Awards Ceremony for top 3 men and women
- A 5k course lined with luminaires
- Finish line cookies, candy canes, and cocoa
- Meet and take photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Ugly Sweater Contest
- Custom Race Bib
- Chip timing
- A chance to celebrate the holiday season with friends, family, and the Missoula running community!
Ugly Sweater Contest:
Join us for the 2nd Annual Ugly Sweater Contest – Wear your most hideous holiday sweater during the race and a panel of judges will determine the absolute ugliest sweater. We will hold the Ugly Sweater contest at the starting area immediately prior to the race start. Winner will be rewarded with a limited edition Light the Way 5k branded sweater.
Light the Way 5k takes place on the sidewalk paths of Fort Missoula Regional Park and a 1/2 mile of crushed gravel path. Most years the course is covered in packed snow with patches of pavement.
We strongly encourage the use of headlamps, flashlights and any other item you can find to illuminate your way. We also encourage the use of traction devices on your running shoes. We may have rain, ice, or snow–be prepared for all types of weather conditions.
Click the side bar on the upper left hand corner of the map to toggle between the Light the Way 5k course and the Kid’s Run course.
Light the Way 5k takes place at Fort Missoula Regional Park in Missoula, MT. Packet pickup and the start/finish line is at Bella Vista Pavilion on the south side of the soccer complex.
Click here for a map of the course venue and parking lot.
We are always looking for volunteers to help out at our races! Whether it is with packet pick up, course marshaling, and handing out post race food, there are a wide variety of roles which you can be a part of. Thank you for taking the time to make our events possible–we are forever grateful to our volunteers!
Sign up to volunteer here.
Volunteers will receive:
- $15 Runner’s Edge gift card
- Post race food & drink
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.