Join us this June and enjoy our beautiful courses along the Montana-Idaho border!
The Mountain to Meadow Half Marathon & 10k follow gravel Forest Service roads starting and finishing from the Lolo Pass Visitor’s Center. Runners will pass through flowering meadows, quiet forests, and experience unique views of the Bitterroot Mountains.
After the race we’ll have a BBQ with brats, salad, and Big Sky Beer. See all the details below!
2.14.23 – 4.30.23
- Half Marathon – $70
- 10k – $45
5.1.23 – 5.31.23
- Half Marathon – $80
- 10k – $50
6.1.23 – 6.10.23
- Half Marathon – $85
- 10k – $55
All times listed below are in the Mountain Time Zone
- 12:00pm-6:00pm: Packet pick up in The Runner’s Edge basement.
6.10.23 (Race Day):
- 8:00AM-9:00AM: Packet pick up (Half Marathon Packet pick up ends at 8:45AM)
- 9:00AM: 1/2 Marathon Start
- 9:15AM: 10K Start
- 10:00AM-12:45PM: Post Race BBQ
- 11:30AM: Awards
- 12:45PM: Course Closes
- Mountain to Meadow Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- Finisher Medal
- Post-Race BBQ of brats and salad (gluten free and vegetarian options) & Big Sky Brewery Beverage
- Chip Timing
- Awards will be given to the top 3 male and female overall as well as to the top male and female in each age group. Our age groups are: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
Overall awards will be based on gun time, age group awards will be based on chip time.
There will be three aid stations on the course. Each aid station will have water, Hammer Nutrition gel & HEED, and an assortment of snacks.
- Pack Ridge Aid Station: 4.2 miles
- Skookum Aid Station: 7.2 miles
- Glade Creek Aid Station: 10.8 miles
There is one aid station located near the halfway mark stocked with water, Hammer Nutrition gel & HEED, and an assortment of snacks.
- Glade Creek Aid Station: 2.8 miles
Please note that Runner’s Edge Events are cupless races. For more information, click here.
The half marathon has 1500 feet of climbing over 13.1 miles. The majority of the climbing is in the first half of the race. This section of the course offers excellent views into Idaho before you wrap around and look towards the Bitterroots. The latter half of the course descends through forested dirt road before joining up with the 10k course near Packer Meadow.
The 10k route follows the Packer Meadow nordic ski trails for 2.8 miles before joining in with the Half Marathon course. The final 3.4 miles are on a gravel road that winds along green meadows and sub-alpine firs. The Aid Station will be located at mile 2.8 of the 10k. The 10k course has 300 feet of climbing.
To view the map, click ‘Load Mountain to Meadow.’ To toggle between the Half Marathon and 10k courses, select the course distance from the upper left hand corner of the map.
All of the Mountain to Meadow races will start and finish in the parking lot of the Lolo Pass Visitor Center on the Idaho side of Lolo Pass at 5,233 feet.
Driving directions from Lolo:
- Head West on US Highway 12 for 38 miles.
- At the top of the pass the Visitor Center will be on your left.
Parking at the Lolo Pass Visitor’s Center is limited. Please carpool if you can!
Dogs are Welcome:
Most of the Runner’s Edge events are on single track trail, which limits canine companionship for safety, but Mountain to Meadow is not! So bring your canine friend, but please keep him or her on leash at all times and clean up any messes.