- 12-3:00pm (MDT) : Packet pick up in The Runner’s Edge basement.
Saturday (Race Day):
- 9:00-9:45am (8-8:45 Pacific): Packet pick up/Race day registration
- 10:00am (9 Pacific): 1/2 Marathon race start
- 10:15am (9:15 Pacific): 10K race start
- 10:30am (9:30 Pacific): 5k race start
- 11:00am-1:00pm (10-12 Pacific): Post Race BBQ
- 12:30pm (11:30 Pacific): Awards
All of the Mountain to Meadow races will start and finish in the parking lot of the Lolo Pass Visitor Center on the Idaho side of Lolo Pass at 5,233 feet.
Driving directions from Lolo:
-Head West on US Highway 12 for 38 miles. At the top of the pass the Visitor Center will be on your left.
The Mountain to Meadow courses are all on Forest Service dirt roads and run in a counter-clockwise direction (the 5k is out and back).
The half marathon has 1,263′ of climbing over 13.6 miles. Yes, 13.6! That means you get a half mile for free! A large portion of the climbing is in the first half of the race as you wind up and around a knob. This section of the course offers excellent views into Idaho before you wrap around and get views of the Bitterroots. The latter half of the course descends, mostly, through forested dirt road, before joining up with the 10k and 5k near Packer Meadow. There will be five(!) aid stations on the course. The 1st, 3rd, and 5th aid stations will have water. The 2nd and 4th aid stations will have water, HEED, and Hammer Gels. Please see the map for aid station locations. The half marathon course runs counter-clockwise
The 10k has 295′ of climbing over 6 miles and the climbs are all gently rolling. This course takes you through the gorgeous Packer Meadow on a smaller dirt road before looping back on the 1/2 Marathon and 5k Course. There are two aid stations on this course. The aid station at halfway will have water, Hammer Gels, and HEED. The aid station with 1.5 miles to go will only have water.
The 5k has just over 100′ of climbing on an out-and-back course. There will be a simple aid station with water marking the turn around point. This course is a large dirt road and is great for your first 5k, young runners, or families!
Early Bird: 3.27.18 – 4.30.18
- 1/2 Marathon- $50
- 10k- $35
- 5k- $25
Late Registration: 5.1.17 – 6.29.18
- 1/2 Marathon- $57
- 10k- $40
- 5k- $30
Race Day Registration: 6.30.18
- 1/2 Marathon- $65
- 10k- $45
- 5k- $35
*No Refunds or Transfers.
Events participant limits are: 1/2 Marathon – 300, 10k-200, 5k-100
- A great event to kick off your trail racing season
- Chip Timing
- Post-Race BBQ (You will have the option to buy extra BBQ tickets for family and friends during registration. The cost will be $5)
- Mountain to Meadow Trucker Hat
Dogs are Welcome:
Most of the Runner’s Edge events are on single track trail, which limits canine companionship for safety, but Mountain to Meadow is not! So bring your canine friend, but please keep him or her on leash at all times and clean up any messes.
- Fun fact #1: We are limited in our parking space for this event.
- Fun fact #2: Car pooling is cool. Do it!
- Fun fact #3: Way to Go Missoula! is a great way to organize a carpool.
Mountain to Meadow is permitted by the USFS and held in the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest. Runner’s Edge is an equal opportunity provider.