*No refunds, deferrals, or transfers
*The Snowbowl 15k is capped at 250 participants.
Friday | 8.6.21
- 2:00pm-6:00pm: Packet Pick Up in the basement of Runner’s Edge
Saturday | 8.7.21:
- 7:30am-8:15am: Packet Pick Up
- 8:30am – 8:40am: Race Starting Window*
- 10:00am-12:00pm: Post Race Lunch in Base Area catered by Snowbowl
- 11:30am: Awards Ceremony
- 12:00pm: Course Closed
*If you’d like to be eligible for overall awards, you must start with the gun. Age group award winners may start whenever they prefer within the 10 minute window.
- A well-marked course
- Fantastic views of the Missoula Valley and Rattlesnake mountains
- Chip Timing
- Custom Race Bib with name on bib
- 2021 stylish Snowbowl 15K t-shirt
- Post-race lunch catered by Snowbowl
- Photos of each participant (shared after the event)
- Well-earned Big Sky Brewing beer (or sparkling water) at the finish line.
- Awards will be given to the top 3 male and female overall as well as to the top male and female in each age group. Our age groups are: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
Overall awards will be based on gun time, age group awards will be based on chip time. The awards ceremony will take place at the Snowbowl Base Area at 11:30am.
There will be one aid station located at mile 4.6, the high point of the course.
Aid station will provide:
Our events are cupless. For more information, click here.
9.3 Miles | 2,150 feet of Climbing
This beautiful loop course will start and finish in the Snowbowl base area. The 9.3 mile route climbs for 4.65 miles on a mixture of dirt and winding double-track roads up into the subalpine of the Rattlesnake Mountains. You will then reach the only aid station on the course, at the top of Grizzly Chair. From there you will enjoy a beautiful 4.65 mile descent down the popular stretch of single track in the ski area, known as Beargrass Highway. This trail will bring you through fir stands, huckleberry patches, and beargrass blooms, all the way back to the finish line. There is 2,150 ft of climbing in the race and 2,150 ft of flowy singletrack descending.
To view the map, click “Load Snowbowl 15k.”
- If you are feeling sick or if anyone in your home is exhibiting Covid symptoms, please stay home.
- Masks are no longer required at the event. However, if you are not vaccinated we highly recommend you wear a mask when you cannot socially distance from others.
- We will offer a rolling start window of 10 minutes so that race participants can spread out and limit congestion. Our events are chip timed, so your time will begin when you cross the start mat. You, however, must start with the gun if you are competing for top 3 overall awards.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the start finish area and at aid stations for runner’s use. Aid stations will be set up in a way to limit congestion and contact as much as possible.
- We will offer a post race meal and our volunteers will do all the serving and handling of food instead of allowing participants to serve themselves.
- Finally, we respect each and every persons right to feel safe. If you feel uncomfortable at any time we support you in your decision to wear a mask and stay distant from others at our event.
Make a Day of it!
Bring the whole family for the race and stay for the zipline and huckleberries! All summer long the Montana Snowbowl operates zipline tours that criss-cross the resort. Now you can take a post-race ride and enjoy a birds eye view of terrain you covered by foot. Plus you’ll have more chances to pick huckleberries than you did while hurtling down the Beargrass Highway!
We are always looking for volunteers to help out at our races! Whether it is with parking, packet pick up, or working an aid station, there are a wide variety of roles which you can be a part of. Thank you for taking the time to make our events possible–we are forever grateful to our volunteers!
Sign up to volunteer here.
Volunteers will receive:
- $15 Runner’s Edge gift card
- Snowbowl 15k shirt
- Post race lunch
Top Ten All Time Men
Top Ten All Time Women
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org