COVID Guidelines for the Blue Mountain 30K
To participate in the Blue Mountain 30K you must read and follow the below guidelines and protocols we have set in place. These protocols have been established to keep our runners, staff, volunteers, partners, and community safe, by preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Before the event:
- If you have COVID related symptoms please stay home. Symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- We recommend high-risk individuals and individuals traveling from high infection areas to consider not attending our event.
- If you are feeling unwell prior to the event, please notify us and we will transfer your registration fee to the 2021 Blue Mtn 30K.
Packet Pick Up:
- Option #1: Pick up your bib and T-shirt at The Runner’s Edge between 10 AM-4 PM on Saturday, 9/19.
- Option #2: Race day packet pick up. You must pick up your packet in the start/finish area within 30 minutes of your start time. Runners can arrive 30 minutes prior to their start time. No earlier, please. Runners can pick up their bibs and shirt when they arrive at the event. Once you park you may grab your bib and shirt, use the restroom, etc. We ask that you refrain from gathering in large groups before your race begins.
We will have 3 thirty-minute start windows:
- Start Window #1: 7:30-8:00 AM
- Start Window #2: 8:00-8:30 AM
- Start Window #3: 8:30-9:00 AM
You will have a 30-minute window to start your event. The rolling start will help from congregating at the start line and will keep us from overcrowding the trails and aid stations. We have chip timing so when you cross the start mat your race will officially begin, and it will end when you cross the finish mat.
This is a time trial event. And these start windows are not based on your pace. Pick the window of time that works best for you. Because there is no mass start, you will be racing yourself against the clock on this challenging course.
- Passing – When passing another racer, please announce your presence and intent to pass. It is the responsibility of the runner being passed to step to the side to allow space for the overcoming racer to advance.
- There is one double-track out and back section up to hayes point. Please stay to the right side of the road so that you allow space for each other.
- We will have 4 aid stations along the course.
- Aid station personnel will wear masks and gloves at all times.
- Runners who do not need assistance at the aid station can pass through without wearing a mask or sanitizing their hands.
- Runners who wish to receive food or liquids from the aid station must wear their masks and sanitize their hands before entering the aid station. We will have hand sanitizer available for use.
- We will have water and in pitchers that our volunteers will pour into your cup or bottle.
- Aid station personnel will not touch you, your trash, your water bottle, or your pack.
- A reminder RE Events are cupless races.
- We will also have packaged electrolyte single-serve tablets for runners to take.
- We will have individual gels and other pre-packaged snacks spread out on tables in the aid station. Runners can touch and take only the gels they plan to use.
- Upon crossing the finish line, we will NOT be handing out finishers’ awards. We will be providing results for our runners in partnership with Competitive timing, however, at this time, runners will not have the option of getting a printout of their results at the results kiosk. Results will be available online.
- Water will be available at the finish line.
- We ask that you, your friends and family maintain proper social distancing from others after finishing your race. If you cannot do so, you must wear a mask.
- There will be no post-race massages offered this year.
- Once you have finished your event, we ask that you do not linger at the finish line.
- There will be no awards ceremony or post-race BBQ. Awards will be shipped or available at The Runners Edge for overall and age group winners the week following the event.
- We ask that all spectators maintain proper social distancing from themselves and the runners during the event. If you cannot do so, you must wear a mask.