8.25.20 – 9.6.20
We hope to see you at the start line, but we understand things happen.
- Currently registered participants have until August 23rd to receive a 75% refund (minus processing fees) OR to defer into the 2021 event.
- After August 25th, we will be offering a 75% refund OR a deferral into the 2021 race IF we have to cancel due to COVID. There will be no refunds or deferrals under any other circumstances.
How to Process a Refund or Deferral:
- Sign In to RunSignUp
- Go to “Profile”
- Click “My Registered Races”
- Click “Manage” next to the registration to manage your refund or deferral.
- A great event to kick off your trail racing season
- Chip timing
- Post-Race Snack
- Hammer Nutrition products at our Aid Station
- 2020 Custom Bitterroot Runoff Neck Gaiter
- Finisher Award
- Awards will be given to top 3 male and female overall as well as to the top male and female in each age group.
- 10:00am-4:00pm: Packet pick up in the Runner’s Edge basement
- 8:00am – 8:15am: 5 mile Starting Window #1
- 8:15am – 8:30am: 5 mile Starting Window #2
- 9:30am – 9:45am: 10 mile Starting Window #1
- 9:45am – 10:00am: 10 mile Starting Window #2
- 10:00am – 10:15am: 10 mile Starting Window #3
Race day packet pick up: You must pick up your packet in the start/finish area within 30 minutes of your start time. Runners can arrive 30 minutes prior to their start time. No earlier, please. Runners can pick up their bibs and shirt when they arrive at the event. Once you park you may grab your bib and shirt, use the restroom, etc. We ask that you refrain from gathering in large groups before your race begins.
Starting Wave Selection
We will have multiple 50-person, 15-minute starting windows to reduce crowding. During this 15 minute window, you may start whenever you choose. This event will be chip-timed.
If you would like to be eligible for overall awards, you must start with the gun start in Wave 1 (8:00am for the 5-mile & 9:30am for the 10-mile).
No action is required on your part to sign-up for a wave. View the times below and select which wave you think works best for you. On race day we ask that you show up no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your starting time. Thanks!
- Starting Window #1 (8:00am – 8:15am): Estimated finish time faster than 1 hour
- Starting Window #2 (8:15am – 8:30am): Estimated finish time slower than 1 hour
- Starting Window #1 (9:30am – 9:45am): Estimated finish time faster than 1 hour 25 minutes
- Starting Window #2 (9:45am – 10:00am): Estimated finish time between 1 hour 25 minutes and 1 hour 45 minutes
- Starting Window #3 (10:00am – 10:15am): Estimated finish time slower than 1 hour 45 minutes
Not sure what time you’ll run on this course? Because of the terrain, expect to be 1-2 minutes slower per mile compared to a flat course of the same distance.
For the 10 Mile race, runners will pass by the same aid station at miles 2 and 6.5. Runners in the 5 Mile race will have one aid station at mile 2. There will also be food and drink at the finish area. See the map below for aid station locations.
Aid Stations will Provide:
We will have water & electrolyte drinks in disposable cups at the aid stations. Per Missoula Health Department requirements, we will not be a cupless event this year.
This event is located on a private trail network just west of Lolo, MT. Click here for a map showing the parking area and start/finish line of the race.
Directions to start line from Missoula:
- Head south on HWY 93.
- At first stop light in Lolo, take a right onto Ridgeway Drive.
- Quickly take your first right onto Coulter Pine St.
- Follow along Coulter Pine for six tenths of a mile, then turn right onto Bristle Cone Pine.
- You will head through a gate and into a field where parking and the start finish area of the races are located.
Parking is limited, please carpool if you can!
10 Mile Course | 2025 Feet Elevation Gain
5 Mile Course | 1047 Feet Elevation Gain