New for 2019!
The Bitterroot Runoff is going cupless! Last year Runner’s Edge Events used over 20,000 cups. In order to cut down on waste we are moving all of our races to cupless events.
What this means for you– Please plan on carrying a bottle, bladder, or collapsible cup for use at the aid stations. If you would like to take advantage of the water, coffee, recovery drinks, or any other fluids we may have in the start/finish area, please plan on bringing a personal cup to use.
Thank you for helping us reduce waste at our events!
Early Bird: 2.5.19 – 2.28.19
Late Registration: 3.1.19 – 4.12.19
Race Weekend Registration: 4.13.19-4.14.19
*No Refunds or Transfers.
After filling up in 2017 and 2018 we are excited to be able to offer more openings in the Bitterroot Runoff. There are now 700 total spots available between the 5 mile and the 10 mile.
- 12-3:00pm: Packet pick up in the Runner’s Edge basement.
Sunday (Race Day):
- 8:00-8:45am: Packet pick up/Race day registration
- 9:00am: 5 Mile race start
- 9:20am: 10 Mile race start – wave 1
- 9:25am: 10 Mile race start – wave 2
- 9:45-12:30pm: Post-Race Brunch
- 10:30am: 5 Mile Race Awards Ceremony
- 12:00pm: 10 Mile Race Awards Ceremony
Please be aware that the 5 mile starts before the 10 mile.
The post race meal is a brunch worthy of Paul Bunyan to accommodate the earlier finish times.
- A great event to kick off your trail racing season
- Aid Station stocked with Hammer Nutrition HEED and Hammer Gels
- Chip Timing
- Post-Race Brunch (You will have the option to buy extra brunch tickets for family and friends during registration. The cost will be $5.)
- Big Sky Brewing Beer or Virga
- Bitterroot Runoff Logo Buff
- Custom Bitterroot Runoff Finishers Award
This event is a part of the 2019 RE Trail Race Series.
5 Mile Course:
Map to Start
This event is located on a private trail network just west of Lolo, MT. Here is a map showing the parking area and start/finish line of the race.
Directions to start line from Missoula:
- Head south on HWY 93.
- At first stop light in Lolo, take a right onto Ridgeway Drive.
- Quickly take your first right onto Coulter Pine St.
- Follow along Coulter Pine for six tenths of a mile, then turn right onto Bristle Cone Pine.
- You will head through a gate and into a field where parking and the start finish area of the races are located.
- Fun fact #1: We are limited in our parking space for this event.
- Fun fact #2: Car pooling is cool. Do it! And to make carpooling easier check out Way to Go! Missoula.