3.1.22 – 3.31.22
- Sentinel Hill Climb – $25
- Kids Run – Free
4.1.22 – 4.28.22
- Sentinel Hill Climb – $30
- Kids Run – Free
This event will be limited to 250 runners.
There will be no refunds, deferrals, or bib transfers.
- $100 cash to the first place male and female.
- $50 premium to the first male and female to the ‘M’ (must finish race to be eligible).
- Age group winners will win a gift card to Big Dipper Ice Cream.
- Age groups: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Thursday, April 28th
- 12:00PM – 4:00PM: Packet Pick Up in the Runner’s Edge Basement
- 5:00PM: Packet Pick Up at M Trailhead
- 5:30PM: Kids Run Start
- 6:00PM: Elite Start*
- 6:02PM: Wave 1 Start
- 6:04PM: Wave 2 Start
- 6:06PM: Wave 3 Start
- 7:30PM: Awards Ceremony at the base area
*Elites – We are excited to bring together some of Western Montana’s best hill climbers to battle it out at the Sentinel Hill Climb. Elite qualifying standards are sub-24 minutes for men and sub-30 minutes for women. You will receive an invitation to the elite heat after registration. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
The Sentinel Hill Climb starts at the base of Mount Sentinel in the ‘M’ Parking Lot on the University of Montana Campus.
- Parking is available in the ‘M’ Trail Parking Lot and is limited. Surrounding lots require a University parking pass. Please carpool if you can.
The Kids ‘M’ Trail Climb (Free!)
Starting 30 minutes before the Sentinel Hill Climb, the Kids Run goes from the base area to the M (0.6 miles with 600 feet of climbing). After finishing their run at the M, kids can stick around and cheer on the Sentinel Hill Climbers as they make their way up the mountain. Afterwards, everyone can celebrate with Big Dipper Ice Cream at the base area.
We’ll have a group of folks from Big Dipper Running making sure the kids go the correct way and know when to head down.
Registration is free!
This demanding course gains 1,970 feet in only 1.6 miles, beginning from the ‘M’ trail parking lot and finishing on the proud summit of Mount Sentinel. The first 1/3 of the climb follows the ‘M’ trail while the remainder follows the Northwest ridge trail to the summit.
To view the map, click “Load Sentinel Hill Climb.”
Top 10 All-Time
Friends of the ‘M’ Trail:
The Sentinel Hill Climb is conducted solely on University of Montana property. If you would like to support UM’s efforts to work with the broader Missoula community in providing stewardship and maintenance of Mt Sentinel’s much-loved and much-used trails, please consider making a donation in any amount to the Friends of the ‘M’ Trail. Your donation is entirely tax deductible.
Learn more about The Friends of the ‘M’ Trail and opportunities to help HERE.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org