This festive evening race features festive lights around the course, holiday music, Santa, and a bonfire at the finish area. Christmas cookies & hot cocoa served at the finish! The Light the Way 5k is a family-friendly fun run with ample opportunity for Holiday cheer.
STAY BRIGHT & SAFE
We strongly encourage the use of headlamps, flashlights and any other awesome, festive item you can find to illuminate your way. Please have fun with your running outfit! Wear your best (or worst!) Christmas attire for this race. We also encourage the use of traction devices on your running shoes. We may have rain, ice, snow, all three or none of the above! Be prepared for all types of weather conditions.
Please check back for course description
- The “Early Bird” Fee: $22 (October 30th through November 30th)
- The “Rest of Us” Fee: $27 (December 1st through December 14th)
- The “Procrastinator” Fee: $32 (December 15th through Friday, December 21st)
- The “11th Hour” Fee (Also Known As Race Day Registration): $35 – Only available at Fort Missoula Regional Park on Saturday, December 22nd from 4:45pm-5:45pm, if spots are still available.
Friday December 21st: Runner’s Edge basement from 3pm-6pm
Saturday, December 22nd: Fort Missoula Regional Park from 4:45pm-5:45pm
Parking at Fort Missoula Regional Park is located on the South side of the park, near Bella Vista Pavillion. There is plenty of parking, but carpooling is fun and awesome!
ARE WE GETTING TIMED THIS YEAR?
Yes! Competitive Timing will be chip timing the Light the Way 5k. Results will be accurate and available immediately after you finish.
Light the Way 2013 & 2014 – These races were not timed.
- Light the Way 5k 2017 Results
Light the Way 5k 2016 Results
- Light the Way 2015 *Results*
- Light the Way 5k 2012 Results
- Light the Way 5k 2011 Results
- Light the Way 5k 2010 Results
*Please note this race was timed but results were inaccurate. You’ll find your name in the
order you finished but no official race times are given. Thanks for understanding!
IT’S BACK! FREE KIDS FUN RUN
The free 1/2 mile Kids Fun Run will take place 15 minutes before the start of the 5k! There is no registration required for this free event, just have your child at the start line ready to run at 5:40.
OH YEAH, AND LET’S NOT FORGET…
Limit 350 participants. We’re sorry, but no refunds for this race. Running a race in December in Montana is like Tom Cruise, risky business. We appreciate you taking a chance with us!
Questions? Want to Volunteer? Just want to chat?
Please contact Race Director, Forrest Boughner