The Runners Edge Trail Race Series will consist of four challenging and fun trail races in the Missoula area from April through August. We will have overall and age group awards for the series, as well as a sweet runners gift for those who complete all four races!
- April 19th: Bitterroot Runoff Trail Runs 10 Mile | 9.7 miles w/ 2000 ft. of elevation gain
- April 30th: Mount Sentinel Hill Climb | 1.5 miles w/ 1970 ft. of elevation gain
- May 17th: 11 Miles to Paradise | 10.6 miles w/ 500 ft. of elevation gain
- August 1st: Snowbowl 15K | 9.3 miles w/1850 ft. of elevation gain
How the Series is Scored:
- You can earn points in any of the four races in the RE Trail Race Series.
- Your best three results will count towards your overall score.
- The Scoring: Below shows the points breakdown for 1st-40th positions for men and women. Each race is scored evenly in the series. Those who do not score in the Top 40 of each event will receive 1 point for participating. (100,88,78,72,68,66,64,62,60,58,56,54,52,50,48,46,44,42,40,38,36,34,32,30,28,26,24,22,20,18,16,14,12,10,8,6,4,2,1,1,1)
- This scoring system means you can win the series without winning an individual event. By racing well at all four races you have the best chance of having the highest overall score.
Age Group Scoring:
- There will be awards for top three male and females in: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-99.
- The scoring: Below shows the points breakdown for 1st-40th positions for men and women. Each race is scored evenly in the series. Those who do not score in the Top 40 of each event will receive 1 point for participating. Age group scoring is only calculated against other finishers in your age group. (100,88,78,72,68,66,64,62,60,58,56,54,52,50,48,46,44,42,40,38,36,34,32,30,28,26,24,22,20,18,16,14,12,10,8,6,4,2,1,1,1)
If a tie occurs, the 4th race score will be factored into the equation. If there is no fourth result, we will base off of Head to Head competition (order of finish from the most recent race in your Series where both/all competitors participated.) If you have not competed head-to-head, the highest placing score from the largest race will be weighted heavier.
Each event will have their own individual awards. Top three overall men and women will receive prizing, as well as top men and women in each age group. Overall winners will be eligible for age group awards as well. Once the series results are final, we will announce when awards can be picked up at the Runner’s Edge.
Race Series Gift:
To be announced soon…