We will limit The Blue Mountain 30k to 150 participants.
NO refunds, deferrals, or bib transfers.
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 pm: Packet pickup at Runner’s Edge
- Race day. We will provide a more detailed schedule soon. Thank you.
- Blue Mtn 30K T-shirt
- 4 Aid Stations over 18 miles
- Chip Timing
- A great trail race that helps support the Hellgate High School Cross Country Team!
The Course (Detailed course description HERE):
The course starts at Peak Health and Wellness Center then follows Blue Mountain Rd. for half of a mile to the Blue Mountain Recreation Area trailhead. From there the course follows single track dirt trails with multiple climbs on a loop through the recreation area. The course finishes with another half mile on the Blue Mountain Rd. returning back to the finish Line at the Peak Health and Wellness Center. A more detailed course description and map can be found at the event website soon. Course surfaces are 5% paved road, 5% dirt road, and 90% single track dirt trails.
- Distance: 18.6 miles
- Total elevation gain: 3,600 ft
- Total elevation loss: 3,600 ft
- Lowest point of course: 3,149 ft
- Highest point of course: 4,783 ft
There will be four well-stocked aid stations on the course. All will have food, water, and a selection of Hammer Nutrition Products. Face masks will be required for participants using an aid station. We will provide hand sanitizer at the aid station, and volunteers will be wearing face masks and gloves.
- Aid Station #1: 5.75 Miles
- Aid Station #2: 9.2 Miles
- Aid Station#3: 11.25 Miles
- Aid Station #4: 14.5 Miles
Aid Stations will Provide
- Electrolyte drink (Heed)
- Energy gels
- Pre-packaged Snacks
We will have water & electrolyte drinks in disposable cups at the aid stations. Per Missoula Health Department requirements, we will not be a cupless event this year.
Start/Finish area will be at: Peak Health and Wellness Center Located at 5000 Blue Mountain Rd. Missoula, Mt. A great portion of this race is situated in the Lolo National Forest.
The Blue Mtn 30K is a fundraiser for the Hellgate High School Cross Country Program.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org