New for 2019!
Blue Mountain 30k is going cupless! Last year Runner’s Edge Events used over 20,000 cups. In order to cut down on waste we are moving all of our races to cupless events.
What this means for you– Please plan on carrying a bottle, bladder, or collapsible cup for use at the aid stations. If you would like to take advantage of the water, coffee, recovery drinks, or any other fluids we may have in the start/finish area, please plan on bringing a personal cup to use.
Thank you for helping us reduce waste at our events!
- Early Bird: 7.9.19
- The Blue Mountain 30k traditionally fills within the first hour. Thus only the Early Bird pricing is available.
- NO refunds or deferrals. Bib transfers are allowed. Click here for more info on how to transfer your bib to another runner before the September 9th deadline.
- 7:30-8:30AM: Packet Pick Up at the Blue Mtn Peak Health and Wellness Center
- 8:30AM: Race Start
- 11:00-1:30PM: Post Race BBQ
- 1:00PM: Awards Ceremony
- 1:30PM: Course Closes (must be finished)
- Blue Mtn 30K T-shirt
- Finisher Medal (NEW this year)
- Post Race BBQ
- Big Sky Brewing Beer
- Big Dipper Ice Cream
- A great trail race!
The Course (Detailed course description HERE):
Course starts at Peak Health and Wellness Center then follows Blue Mountain Rd. for half of a mile to the Blue Mountain Recreation Area trailhead. From there the course follows single track dirt trails with multiple climbs on a loop through the recreation area. The course finishes with another half mile on the Blue Mountain Rd. returning back to the finish Line at the Peak Health and Wellness Center. A more detailed course description and map can be found at the event website soon. Course surfaces are 5% paved road, 5% dirt road, and 90% single track dirt trails.
- Distance: 18.6 miles
- Total elevation gain: 3,600 ft
- Total elevation loss: 3,600 ft
- Lowest point of course: 3,149 ft
- Highest point of course: 4,783 ft
There will be four well-stocked aid stations on the course. All will have food, water, and a selection of Hammer Nutrition Products.
- Aid Station #1: 5.75 Miles
- Aid Station #2: 9.2 Miles
- Aid Station#3: 11.25 Miles
- Aid Station #4: 14.5 Miles
Start/Finish area will be at: Peak Health and Wellness Center Located at 5000 Blue Mountain Rd. Missoula, Mt. A great portion of this race is situated in the Lolo National Forest.
The Blue Mtn 30K is a fundraiser for the Hellgate High School Cross Country Program.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org