Sign up here!
We will limit The Blue Mountain 30k to 200 participants.
NO refunds, deferrals, or bib transfers.
- 10:00am – 4:00pm: Packet pickup at Runner’s Edge
- 7:15am – 7:45am: Race day packet pickup at the Starting Area
- 8:00am – 8:10am: Race Start
- 10:30am – 2:00pm: Post race food
- 11:30am: Awards Ceremony
- 2:00pm: Course Closes (6 hour cutoff)
You may start anytime during the 10-minute starting window, however, overall awards will be based on gun time. Age group awards will be based on your chip time.
- Blue Mtn 30K T-shirt
- 4 Aid Stations over 18 miles
- Chip Timing
- A great trail race that helps support the Hellgate High School Cross Country Team!
- Awards will be given to the top 3 male and female overall as well as to the top male and female in each age group. Our age groups are: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
Overall awards will be based on gun time, age group awards will be based on chip time. We will send out age group awards the week after the race.
There will be four well-stocked aid stations on the course. All will have food, water, and a selection of Hammer Nutrition Products. Aid stations will be manned with runners from the Hellgate Cross Country Team!
- Aid Station #1: 5.75 Miles
- Aid Station #2: 9.2 Miles
- Aid Station#3: 11.25 Miles
- Aid Station #4: 14.5 Miles
Aid stations will provide:
We will have water & electrolyte drinks in disposable cups at the aid stations.
Start/Finish area will be at: Peak Health and Wellness Center Located at 5000 Blue Mountain Rd. Missoula, Mt. A great portion of this race is situated in the Lolo National Forest.
The course starts at Peak Health and Wellness Center then follows Blue Mountain Rd. for half of a mile to the Blue Mountain Recreation Area trailhead. From there the course follows single track dirt trails with multiple climbs on a loop through the recreation area. The course finishes with another half mile on the Blue Mountain Rd. returning back to the finish Line at the Peak Health and Wellness Center. A more detailed course description and map can be found at the event website soon. Course surfaces are 5% paved road, 5% dirt road, and 90% single track dirt trails. Detailed course description here.
- Distance: 18.6 miles
- Total elevation gain: 3,600 ft
- Lowest point of course: 3,149 ft
- Highest point of course: 4,783 ft
To load the map, click “Load Blue Mountain 30k.”
- If you are feeling sick or if anyone in your home is exhibiting Covid symptoms, please stay home.
- Masks are no longer required at the event. However, if you are not vaccinated we highly recommend you wear a mask when you cannot socially distance from others.
- We will offer a rolling start window of 10 minutes so that race participants can spread out and limit congestion. Our events are chip timed, so your time will begin when you cross the start mat. You, however, must start with the gun if you are competing for top 3 overall awards.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the start finish area and at aid stations for runner’s use. Aid stations will be set up in a way to limit congestion and contact as much as possible.
- We will offer a post race meal and our volunteers will do all the serving and handling of food instead of allowing participants to serve themselves.
- Finally, we respect each and every persons right to feel safe. If you feel uncomfortable at any time we support you in your decision to wear a mask and stay distant from others at our event.
The Blue Mtn 30K is a fundraiser for the Hellgate High School Cross Country Program.
Please email email@example.com