- The Blue Mountain 30k traditionally fills within the first hour.
- NO refunds or deferrals. Bib transfers are allowed. Click here for more info on how to transfer your bib to another runner before the September 8th deadline.
- 7:30am-8:30am: Packet Pick Up at the Blue Mtn Peak Health and Wellness Center
- 8:30am: Race Start
- 11:00am-1:30pm: Post Race BBQ
- 1:00pm: Awards Ceremony
- 1:30pm: Course Closes (must be finished)
- Blue Mtn 30K T-shirt
- Finisher Medal
- Post Race BBQ
- Big Sky Brewing Beer
- Big Dipper Ice Cream
- A great trail race!
The Course (Detailed course description HERE):
Course starts at Peak Health and Wellness Center then follows Blue Mountain Rd. for half of a mile to the Blue Mountain Recreation Area trailhead. From there the course follows single track dirt trails with multiple climbs on a loop through the recreation area. The course finishes with another half mile on the Blue Mountain Rd. returning back to the finish Line at the Peak Health and Wellness Center. A more detailed course description and map can be found at the event website soon. Course surfaces are 5% paved road, 5% dirt road, and 90% single track dirt trails.
- Distance: 18.6 miles
- Total elevation gain: 3,600 ft
- Total elevation loss: 3,600 ft
- Lowest point of course: 3,149 ft
- Highest point of course: 4,783 ft
There will be four well-stocked aid stations on the course. All will have food, water, and a selection of Hammer Nutrition Products.
- Aid Station #1: 5.75 Miles
- Aid Station #2: 9.2 Miles
- Aid Station#3: 11.25 Miles
- Aid Station #4: 14.5 Miles
Aid Stations will Provide
- Electrolyte drink
- Energy gels
Runner’s Edge Events are cupless races. For more information, click here.
Start/Finish area will be at: Peak Health and Wellness Center Located at 5000 Blue Mountain Rd. Missoula, Mt. A great portion of this race is situated in the Lolo National Forest.
The Blue Mtn 30K is a fundraiser for the Hellgate High School Cross Country Program.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org