Registration opens February 14th, 2023
We will limit The Blue Mountain 30k to 250 participants.
- 10:00am – 4:00pm: Packet pickup in the Runner’s Edge
- 7:15am – 7:45am: Race day packet pickup at the starting area
- 8:00am: Race Start
- 10:30am – 2:00pm: Post race BBQ and beverages
- 11:30am: Awards ceremony
- 2:00pm: Course closes (6 hour cutoff)
30K Participants Receive:
- 2023 Blue Mountain 30K T-shirt
- 4 well-stocked aid stations
- Post race meal with burgers (we will have GF and Vegetarian options)
- Post-race Big Dipper Ice Cream
- Post-race Big Sky Brewing beverage
- Finisher’s Medal
- Chip Timing
- Custom Race Bib
- Awards will be given to the top 3 male and female overall as well as to the top male and female in each age group. Our age groups are: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
Overall awards will be based on gun time, age group awards will be based on chip time.
There will be four well-stocked aid stations on the course. All will have food, water, and a selection of Hammer Nutrition Products.
- John’s Corner: 5.75 Miles
- Motorhead: 9.2 Miles
- Hayes Point: 11.25 Miles
- Deadman’s: 14.5 Miles
Aid stations will provide:
Please note that Runner’s Edge Events are cupless races. Plan on bringing your own hydration system, water bladder, or handheld bottle. Click here to view our cupless policy.
Start/Finish area will be at: Peak Health and Wellness Center Located at 5000 Blue Mountain Rd. Missoula, Mt. A great portion of this race is situated in the Lolo National Forest.
The course starts at Peak Health and Wellness Center then follows Blue Mountain Rd. for half of a mile to the Blue Mountain Recreation Area trailhead. From there the course follows single track dirt trails with multiple climbs on a loop through the recreation area. The course finishes with another half mile on the Blue Mountain Rd. returning back to the finish Line at the Peak Health and Wellness Center. Course surfaces are 5% paved road, 5% dirt road, and 90% single track dirt trails. Detailed course description here.
- Distance: 18.6 miles
- Total elevation gain: 3,600 ft
- Lowest point of course: 3,149 ft
- Highest point of course: 4,783 ft
To load the map, click “Load Blue Mountain 30k.”
This is a Hellgate XC Fundraiser:
A portion of the Blue Mountain 30k proceeds go to the Hellgate High School Cross Country Program. Hellgate runners will be staffing the aid stations, so make sure to say hello!
Please email email@example.com