COVID Guidelines for the Sentinel Hill Climb
To participate in the Sentinel Hill Climb, you must read and follow the below guidelines and protocols we have set in place. These protocols have been established to keep our runners, staff, volunteers, partners, and community safe by preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Before the event:
- If you have COVID related symptoms please stay home. Symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headaches, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- We recommend high-risk individuals and individuals traveling from high infection areas to consider not attending our event.
- If you are feeling unwell prior to the event, please notify us and we will transfer your registration fee to the 2022 Sentinel Hill Climb.
Bib Pick Up:
- Race Day Bib Pick Up Only. Please pick up your bib no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your planned start time. We will require mask wearing in the base area. Please refrain from gathering in large groups before your race begins.
Schedule & Rolling Starts:
- 5:00pm: Elite Men
- 5:05pm: Elite Women
- 5:15 – 5:29pm: Wave 1 Start (Projected finish time faster than 35 minutes)
- 5:30 – 5:44pm: Wave 2 Start (Projected finish time between 35 – 45 minutes)
- 5:45 – 6:00pm: Wave 3 Start (Projected finish time slower than 45 minutes)
If you are in Wave 1, 2, or 3, you will have a 15-minute window to start your event. The rolling start will help from congregating at the start line and will keep us from overcrowding the trail. We have chip timing so when you cross the start mat your race will officially begin, and it will end when you cross the finish mat.
- Passing: When passing another racer, please announce your presence and intent to pass. It is the responsibility of the runner being passed to step to the side to allow space for the overcoming racer to advance.
- Headphones: If you’re planning on wearing headphones, we ask that you have only one earbud in kept at a low volume. This is to make sure that racers can effectively communicate with one another during passing.
- There will be water and some quick grab-n-go snacks at the summit for when you cross the finish line.
- You must wear a mask in the finish area.
- We will be providing results for our runners in partnership with Competitive Timing, however, at this time, runners will not have the option of getting a printout of their results at the results kiosk. Results will be available online.
- Once you have finished your event, please take the Boy Scout Trail (switchbacks) back down to the ‘M’. You may either take the ridge or the ‘M’ trail back to the base area, but please be cognizant of other racers and trail users.
- We will give you your Hill Climb Mug after the event as well as Big Dipper Ice Cream.
- When you aren’t competing in the race we ask that you wear a mask and stay socially distant from one another.