Sometimes it’s hard to get up early and go for a run or walk. Nowadays it can be even harder, where for the first time in history it’s completely okay to live in our comfy pajamas all day.
This week, Runner’s Edge and Run Wild Missoula are challenging you to get out of your comfort zone and catch the sunrise on your run or walk!
Not only will you be off to a wonderful start to your day, but you’ll also help disperse use on Missoula’s trails and paths by heading outside during an off-peak time. Now is the time to show off your favorite sunrise spot!
- Get up nice and early and exercise your way out the door to your favorite sunrise location. Sunrise this week is around 6:30.
- Be sure to wear appropriate attire for running in the dark – bright, reflective, and lights!
- Snap either a selfie or a landscape sunrise photo (or both!) showing yourself beating the sun out the door.
- Share this photo on Instagram or Facebook.
- Be sure to tag @runnersedgemt and @runwildmissoula and use the hashtags #MoreThanRun and #LaceEmUp to be featured!
*If you would like for us to repost your photo onto our Instagram Feed, you must make your account public.
Categories & Awards:
- Best landscape photo – who’s the best running/walking photographer in Missoula?
- Best sunrise selfie – “best” could mean funniest, most creative, or something we haven’t thought of yet. Surprise us! 🙂
- Prizes will feature gift cards to some of Missoula’s favorite breakfast spots!
All participants in this challenge must practice proper social distancing. This includes running or walking alone (unless with those from your home), keeping a 6’ distance from ALL people you encounter along the way, and letting people know you are coming up behind them to give them time to step to the side of the path. Also, please avoid busier times of day by running or walking earlier or later in the day. If somewhere looks too crowded – please go somewhere else!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org