Cabbage wraps are a great way to incorporate a variety of veggies and lean protein into your meals while keeping it light and fresh. Cabbage adds a whole new flavor and an extra crunch to each bite making these a tasty, fun option. If you enjoy traditional lettuce wraps, give these a try!
- 1-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 c peas
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ banana pepper, finely chopped
- ½ anaheim pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small head of green or purple cabbage
- ½ medium cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ medium zucchini, finely chopped
- ½ medium yellow squash, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp raw cashews, chopped
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter or peanut sauce
- Hot sauce (optional garnish)
- Chow mein noodles (optional garnish)
Trim fat from chicken and cut into small cubes. Heat a large pan or wok to medium high heat and add 1 tbsp of both grape seed oil and sesame oil. While chicken is sautéing, chop all other ingredients. Sauté chicken until cooked all the way through; remove from pan and set aside.
Clean pan and place back on stove, reheating to medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp of grape seed and sesame oil to the pan.
Sauté garlic, onions, banana and anaheim pepper until soft; add in zucchini, yellow squash, peas and chicken. Add peanut butter and cover ingredients and let sauté on low for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While ingredients are sautéing, peel cabbage leaves off the head of cabbage and set on a plate. Place a small amount of chopped cucumber, cashews and a dash of hot sauce (if desired) on the plate next to cabbage leaves. Once ingredients have been sautéed, use a spoon to scoop into the cabbage leaves, fold the side of the leaves to the center and eat like a taco.
*This recipe serves about 3 people, 2 wraps each