Congrats to everyone who participated in the Butler Creek Boogie 5k and 1 mile fun run! For results, click here.

NameJulie Gilchrist

Miles Per Week: 60 right now, varies throughout the year (mostly less!)

Number of Years Running: Started running at age 12, ran a few years in college and on and off until 2005. This is when I started training for marathons and it’s been consistent since then.

Favorite Pastime Before Running: Eating, reading, hiking, gardening

Lesson Learned: Running Big Sur Marathon last spring with Jennifer Straughan; we went into it with no expectations. For me, that was huge. I put a lot on myself and normally get very anxious about every race. It’s ingrained, I can’t help it. However, this was a VERY hilly course and beautiful. Two great reasons to take it easy and have a good time. I didn’t push it but held a decent pace and did well overall. Now the challenge is to teach myself how to do that for every race!

Side Note: We don’t usually post captions under photos, but this warrants one: Julie is resting after winning the Coeur D’Alene Marathon a few years ago. She’s sitting on the edge of the awards stage, examining her blisters with Paige and Alan, her children.

Hood to Coast, the largest relay race in North America, is coming to Missoula! The best part: You get to experience this relay without having to leave your seat. The Montana premier of  the Hood to Coast documentary will be taking place on Wednesday, February 16th, 4pm, at the Wilma Theatre.  Run Wild Missoula members get $1 off ticket price (just remember to bring your membership card). For more info, click here.

NameJB Yonce

Age64

Miles Per Week45-50

Number of Years RunningI started running in March of 2010 in the Missoula Marathon Training Class through the Runners Edge

First MarathonThe Missoula Marathon 2010

Favorite Pastime Before RunningTeam Roping

Why Do You Like To RunI run for the social and physical well-being

Words of Wisdom For OthersI consider myself old and slow but my competitive spirit is fed by seeing an increase in speed and being competitive in my age group

Side NoteA big congratulations to JB for a huge PR in the marathon! A few months ago, he ran 3:46 in Portland. Just a few weeks ago, JB ran the Phoenix Rock ‘n Roll Marathon and clocked an incredible 3:37! Nice job!

Thanks to everyone who joined us this year for the 2010 Light the Way 5k.
Click here for THE RESULTS from the race.

The Runners Edge 2011 Running Calendars are now at the store. This calendar features many of the favorite local spots that we run in and around Missoula. Stop by the store and check them out today!

It will make a great holiday gift!

“Thank you so much for sending us the Runners Edge Calendars. They are really well done! We are sending one to my 63-year-old mom who lives in New York and just decided to run the 2011 Missoula Marathon. Perfect present!” -Jaye