RE Events COVID Guidelines
The health & safety of our participants, staff, and volunteers is our highest priority. As we move into 2021, the situation is constantly evolving and we want to ensure that each of our events offer the best possible experience for each of our participants.
As we move towards holding in-person events again this spring, we will be closely following guidelines & recommendations from our local health department and communicating with our participants on the specific plans moving forward.
Below are some of the potential actions we will take at our events should it feel appropriate to do so to keep our runners, volunteers, staff, and community safe. As we move closer to an actual event taking place, we will share event-specific COVID-Guidelines with our participants.
- Before the event: We will be communicating with runners leading into our events. Prior to your race, if you are feeling unwell or showing any signs or symptoms of COVID we ask that you stay home.
- Masks: Masks at the start and finish area of all events. Masks can be removed while on the course racing, but must be worn while in aid stations or when you cannot properly social distance from other racers.
- Hand Sanitizer: We will have hand sanitizer available through our starting/finishing areas, as well as at all aid stations.
- Aid Stations: Aid Stations will no longer have unpackaged foods. There will be prepackaged options and the aid stations will be more spread out to limit congestion. Aid station workers will be wearing masks and gloves.
- Wave Starts: Depending on each event, we will consider more waves of smaller numbers, or waves with a rolling start to further decrease congestion.
- Social Distancing: We will work to create flow and capacity restrictions and put systems in place to promote social distancing when necessary.
- Awards Ceremony: If necessary, we may not hold in-person ceremonies at our events.
Of course, if you do not feel comfortable with the idea of in-person events in 2021, we respect your decision. We will be offering virtual versions to go in tandem with each of our in-person events for 2021. Check each specific race webpage for more information.